Friday, September 17, 2010

Introducing Artist Lian Zhen

Zhen Lian is an artist base in China. She is a retired art teacher and is now back to her first love, painting. Chinese painting is her forte. She captures the beauty of nature in her use of ink, acrylic and oil. There is a dream-like, surrealistic quality to her paintings, like being in a fairy tale, very light, feminine and floaty.

Chinese painting may look simple but it is actually a highly difficult genre. Achieving the right balance and effects of water and ink on paper is no easy feat. Lian has managed to achieve this as seen from her works through the delicate strokes of her brush. She is equally adept in oil painting, her favourite medium.

Her use of complementary and tone-on-tone colours brings harmony and a sense of calm and serenity to the subjects she paints, never jarring.

In the artist's own words:
I am an idealistic dreamer, I only put beautiful imageries into my paintings. I like to cover my canvas with a profusion of colours in their dream-like imageries. I like to make myself feel like living in a dreamy world, away from the turmoils and troubles of my busy life.I love what I paint, be it an object,an animal or a landscape. I enjoy creating a romantic and poetic atmosphere in all my paintings .Like Renoir, I believe that a painting should be beautiful. My oil paintings are juxtapositions and combinations of prismy colours. I like to experiment with different medias , such as acrylic and ink on Chinese papers. But I like oil paintings most, I like the richness of its colours and its flexibility. You can paint your work a thousand times to reach a satisfactory result.

See Zhen Lian's paintings below








No comments:

store

Related Posts with Thumbnails